Infertility is of much concern to anyone as being infertile is more a feeling of being not blessed. Couples are always seeking ways and means to conceive a child. IVF ( In vitro Fertilization) techniques does help one to bear a child and many couples have successfully enjoyed parenthood. It is indeed a bliss to be a parent and to have a child that you always dreamed about having. IVF laboratory tests are conducted which enable one to conceive safely without having to worry about relapses.
What does IVF Laboratory Test Involve?
- The normal practice is for Human embryologists along with andrologists who are actively involved in female and male infertility lab techniques that are usually linked up with in vitro fertilization as well as artificial insemination.
- IVF lab professionals also prefer to maintain one’s fertility doctor with various testing and certain methods which are considered to be for advanced reproductive technologies.
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis
- Preimplantation genetic screening
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) for respective male infertility
- Egg freezing for fertility rescue for cancer patients
- Assisted Hatching
- Elective egg freezing for preservation fertility
What does Successful IVF laboratory consist of?
- Lab walls
- Roof i.e. specially designed to maintain zero VOC’s ( Volatile Organic Compounds )
- Clean room environment inside IVF lab
- Air Handling Units ( AHU) to prevent airborne contamination
- Pre-filters and HEPA filters
- High-Velocity Air Control System ( HVAC)
- Maintenance of temperature and humidity is also must.
How goes in an IVF laboratory?
- Grading of the IVF embryos much before the embryo transfer procedure is done.
- The embryos are actually kept in a specific Petri dish that is located inside an incubator in one’s IVF lab
- The embryologist makes use of a stereo microscope in order to view the gametes and embryos to be able to observe the quality of grades
- Focus is also from incubators, laminar hood with microscope
- Zygote intrafallopian transfer (ZIFT) embryo cryopreservation
- Gamete intrafallopian transfer (GIFT),
- Egg or embryo donation, and gestational carriers.
IVF is indeed a highly sophisticated and meticulously timed procedure that involves the removal of a ripened egg or respective eggs from a female’s ovary thus fertilizing it with semen as well as incubating the dividing cells in a laboratory dish and then replacing the developing embryo in ones’ uterus at an appropriate time. The success combined with the availability of IVF has indeed raised one’s hope of several infertile couples who have been unable to conceive on account of their infertility which is linked up with not only the blocked or the absent fallopian tubes but also involves male infertility among many other causes.
How to prepare for IVF Procedure in Laboratory?
A semen analysis on the male patient is carried out and a mock embryo transfer follows. Here a catheter is passed through the cervix into the woman’s uterus to determine the path via one’s cervix and to be able to measure the distance that exists to the top of the uterine cavity.
IVF is normally proceeded by the use of the ovulation-stimulating drugs to increase the number of mature eggs that can be retrieved. The process of IVF usually involves Ovulation Induction, Egg Retrieval cum Embryo Transfer.
This IVF laboratory is a comfortable procedure that may appear to be very complicated but can be easily handled by an expert physician. A clean and sophisticated laboratory environment is required for it and this is usually available in most IVF test centers. Couples need not worry about these laboratory techniques and can undergo them comfortably.
Why is IVF laboratory test required?
IVF laboratory tests are pre-requisite for conducting IVF procedure on couples who are infertile and are very keen to have the child of their own. These tests have to be conducted by experts who know the nitty-gritty of IVF and are able to carry out the tests professionally.
Childless couples seek recourse in IVF procedure as they are sure of it and are quite comfortable with the various laboratory procedures involved in it. They are under the expert guidance and are quite assured that they will be able to have a child which is their utmost dream, which has to be fulfilled to make them happy.