It is important to select a proper hospital for delivery. One has to take into consideration a lot of factors such as:
1. Reputation of Hospital
- How to check the reputation of a hospital?
- One does need to visit their online website where information regarding what facilities are available and which of the doctors are affiliated or work in-house at the hospital.
- Performing a general internet search whereby one can most likely come across medical websites or journals that will provide a ranking of the hospital.
- Looking at reviews from other patients and also clients of the hospital.
2. Feedback cum Reviews from other mothers
- This will indeed be very helpful in helping one to make up one’s mind about a hospital.
- Talk to the women in one’s life who have had children, be they family, friends or colleagues. As for them which of the hospital they delivered at and what their experiences were. One needs to take necessary inquiries in order to know if the mother’s stay was satisfied or unsatisfied and whether the services were adequate.
- If one was already interested in a particular hospital and want to know more, one can always seek more information online by specifically searching for reviews from other women who have indeed given birth there.
- Community forums are also another very helpful way in order to find out about the experiences of other mothers in the same city as oneself and also what they have to say.
3. Consulting Own Obstetrician/Gynecologist
- It is important to consult a doctor one is comfortable with and one does not feel like changing.
- Make a list of the hospitals one’s doctor is affiliated with.
- Inform about one’s needs and ask her which one of the hospitals will that will be able to best meet them.
- Ask her opinion on which of the hospitals has the best staff for labor and recovery care.
4. Hospital Tour
- It is advisable to visit a hospital.
- When one visits, one needs to take a look at how busy and big the maternity ward is. One needs to take a look at the size of the rooms and if everything looks clean as well as sanitary.
- Find out what amenities and equipment will also be available.
- Ask about the availability of the nurses as well as doctors.
- Take a tour around the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
5. Quality of Doctors and Medical Staff
- A hospital is up to the mark on account of its good medical staff.
- If one has a family or friends who have indeed delivered at the hospital, one ends to ensure to ask them how they also found the staff to be.
- Check for mentions or information about one’s doctor online.
- Observe how the neonatal staff does handle the babies and interact with as many of the staff as possible in order to gauge how comfortable one feels with them.
- The cost factor in running a hospital is important as one can then avail good medical benefits.
- One needs to look at one’s insurance plan and also see if it involves maternity as well. Some insurance plans will have a limit to the amount they do cover, and others may be affiliated with only certain hospitals.
- Get a list of the ivf hospitals in Hyderabad that one’s insurance company is affiliated with and pick one from this list.
- Hospitals do provide detailed price lists during the tour, but the prices indeed may very much depending on different factors such as a shared room or a private one.
- Medications, as well as extras, will not be included as this will differ for each individual.
7. Distance from Home
- The distance one needs to travel to get to the hospital should not I fact be ignored. Why?
- One needs to pick a hospital that is close to home, especially in the case of a high-risk pregnancy.
- Ensure that one has a route planned out.
- One needs to find the route with the least amount of traffic and the best roads to save time and discomfort while traveling during this critical time.