The best pregnancy doctor in Hyderabad can treat well ovarian cysts and it is advisable to visit top fertility centers in Hyderabad.
Ovarian cysts happen to be solid or fluid-filled sac that tend to develop on or in an ovary (an organ found in the female reproductive system that produces an egg). The best pregnancy doctor in Hyderabad can deal with this health issue.
It occurs on account of fluid accumulates within a thin membrane inside one’s ovary. These are very common among women of reproductive age, but they can appear at any age.
Most of the time they are painless as well as harmless and go away on their own without any treatment. There are often no signs or symptoms, but ovarian cysts can at times cause pain as well as bleeding.
If the cyst happens to be over 5 centimeters in diameter, then it may need to be surgically removed. It is worth visiting top fertility centers in Hyderabad.
Fast facts about ovarian cysts:
- An ovarian cyst is a buildup of fluid within an ovary surrounded by a thin shell, or membrane.
- Ovarian cysts are usually harmless, but a large one may need to be removed.
- There are indeed two main types of ovarian cysts: functional ovarian cysts as well as pathological cysts.
- In most cases, ovarian cysts will lead to no signs or symptoms.
TYPES OF OVARIAN CYST
1. Functional ovarian cysts
2. Pathological ovarian cysts
The woman experiences pain in the abdomen or pelvis.
- Rupture of the cyst,
- Rapid growth as well as stretching,
- Bleeding into the cyst, or
- Twisting of the cyst around its blood supply (known as torsion).
If the cyst is large in size, other symptoms can arise as a result of pressure or distortion of adjacent anatomical structures.
Other symptoms are:
- Abdominal fullness, expansion of one’s abdomen, or bloating,
- Urinary urgency
- Low back pain
- Feeling full after eating only a small amount (early satiety),
- Difficulty with emptying the bladder,
- Feeling an urge to defecate
- Having difficult bowel movements, or
- Pain with sexual intercourse
Treatment depends on one’s age, the type and size of the cyst, as well as symptoms. Suggested treatment methods do include:
- Watchful waiting
At times, the womb, ovaries, and fallopian tubes are removed (total hysterectomy) and chemotherapy or radiation may be recommended. Also, surgery is recommended when an ovarian cyst develops after menopause. It is better to consult the best pregnancy doctor in Hyderabad.
Do ovarian cysts always need removal?
Not all ovarian cysts need removal. Functional (follicular) cysts will often resolve spontaneously on their own accord. Surgery may be needed if the cysts are persistent or if there are symptoms (see above). If there is a suspicion of cancer, urgent surgery is necessary to make a diagnosis and also to provide treatment.
Will I lose my ovary?
Whether the surgery involves removing only the cyst or the entire ovary depends upon your age and what is found during the procedure. If malignancy is suspected, then the ovary should be removed to avoid rupture and spillage of the cyst content. In every other case though, only the cyst will be removed.
How can I prevent recurrent Ovarian cysts?
It may not always be possible to prevent ovarian cysts, but going on the contraceptive pill may prevent cyst formation to a certain degree.
What are the follow-up procedures after removal?
After an ovarian cyst is removed, you will not need further tests if you do not develop any symptoms. However, some types of ovarian cysts, such as endometriomas (chocolate cysts) and functional ovarian cysts, are more likely to recur than others. If you are concerned about recurrent cysts you should undergo yearly pelvic ultrasound scans.