Some lifestyle changes to increase the chances of pregnancy and ensure that you are healthy and comfortable throughout the process of IVF. American Pregnancy Association said that the people’s fertility will not be affected by their diet. But there are some results of the research that prove that the intake of certain nutrients will very well affect the fertility rates and also aid the women to conceive by the methods of the In Vitro Fertilization. So the people must know what to eat and what not to eat while undergoing the IVF. Read anout Diet during In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) treatment
Foods to take during IVF treatment:
- Eat a healthy diet with lots of vegetables, especially green leafy vegetables as they contain lots of folic acid. Carrots, green leafy vegetables, peppers, mangoes and oranges are particularly rich in the folic acid and Vitamin C. whole grains like oatmeal and brown rice are also full of folic acid. This mineral can help conception and lower the chances that will develop neural birth defects like spina bifida.
- Consuming different varieties of the fresh and organic food products will boost the health of the reproductive system.
- High in monounsaturated fat foods including olive oil, sunflower oil, nuts, seeds and avocados may significantly raise IVF success rates.
- The fertility experts suggest people to drink 8 full glasses of pure water daily. Water helps to increase the rate of the fertility.
- Healthy carbohydrates are very necessary because it is a source of energy for many daily physical activities.
- Foods rich in zinc including nuts, whole grains, lean meat, beans, potatoes and dairy products must be consumed in large quantities helps to maintain the levels of the male and female hormones.
Foods to avoid during IVF treatment:
- Excess amount of coffee will seriously affect the rates of the chances of pregnancy at the time during the IVF treatment.
- Processed carbohydrates are foods that should be avoided with IVF treatment. They affect insulin levels, which lead to hormonal imbalances.
- Refined sugar is another food to avoid with IVF. Sugar is fast burning and will cause blood sugar imbalances.
- Very high percentage of saturated fats and cholesterol which can be a major cause of infertility due to obesity.
- The cheese must be avoided during IVF treatment and pregnancy.
- The pregnant ladies who drink alcohol will also maximize their chance for the abortion and other foetal problems.
- Oysters and crabs must be avoided totally in the states of raw or undercooked during IVF treatment.