Holidays can make your life more positive and one tends to be healthy and also eats healthy, drinks moderately, and one gets lots of exercise and stress levels are minimized. Indeed New Year celebrations are a gala time for infertile couples to get closer and be intimate with each other. Still, if one is coping up infertility, a holiday can change one’s mood completely.
What companies offer towards infertility?
Employees face infertility issues while working in companies and now to tackle this health issue companies are coming forward to face up to the challenges of infertility.
More of the employers that go beyond even technology companies are now in the position to offer employee benefits that also includes coverage for fertility diagnostic tests and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
Other industry sectors which are also extending such facilities to covering for such treatment procedures are Finance and Investment Banking, Fashion, Consumer Products and Retail, Luxury and Apparel, Media, Consulting and Audit, and Pharmaceuticals.
Several organizations are keen on helping their employees cope up with infertility and some new entrants have joined in with other corporate sectors such as NGOs.
They are offering major enhancements of benefits that are previously offered which include coverage which is up to 4 IVF cycles without any dollar limits.
There is much competition among these companies to provide better infertility claims and facilities. They want to be generous in their offerings.
- Companies would like to provide employees with good benefits as they would like to retain them.
- They would like them to perform well and naturally it is important for them to take care of their health.
- Employees also expect good benefit.
- Those employers who do offer fertility benefits often are able to reap the benefit of strong employee loyalty which does drive meaningful improvements in the employee retention, ultimately thus being able to help out to reduce the employer costs.
- Providing better employee benefits means better employee focus on work and greater productivity in turn.
How has infertility helped employees?
- Infertility benefits do involve one egg retrieval. Based on a given survey, 57% had health insurance covering some diagnostic and/or infertility treatment.
- The survey did indicate that employees have greater work satisfaction with their employer if fertility benefits were also offered as compared to those employers who did not offer such benefits.
- Employees remain loyal to the company and prefer to remain in the same organization.
- Better health coverage motivates them and women who want to get pregnant would prefer such maternity benefits.
- Employees desire healthy babies and expect their employers to cooperate with them. They would like to have an understanding employer.
- The respective employees would expect infertility benefits from their companies.
- Surveys along with studies show it makes companies more competitive, increases their ability to attract and retain the best employees, enhances employee morale and productivity, and improves one’s health outcomes.