Infertility can cause much discomfort and to be able to conceive one needs fertility treatment. One gets very excited when one gets pregnant with IVF treatment. One can be happy holding a baby in one’s arms.
Yet one has to wait for about 8 months till one can hold the baby and that means anxiety and concern whether the baby will be alright or not. One has to nurture the baby in one’s womb.
Reasons why bed rest is recommended?
- One has to nurture the baby.
- Till the baby is born, one has to be careful.
- Patients voluntarily take bed rest as they do not want to take the risks.
- Yet, after every treatment bed rest is recommended, but one must be familiar with the fact the amount of bed rest depends upon the health issue on hand.
Is bed rest essential required?
- Doctors do suggest against bed rest.
- Being active is better.
- Many start worrying more while lying down as they start thinking unnecessarily.
- Often relatives and patients force doctors o to recommend bed rest.
- Many patients feel that to avoid miscarriage they must have bed rest as till now doctors have been recommending so.
- The baby’s growth may get affected if one walked around while being pregnant.
- Patients are happy when the doctor agrees with their viewpoint about taking bed rest while being pregnant.
- In case of bed rest is not recommended and any miscarriage takes place, then the doctor is blamed.
What are the fears felt due to lack of bed rest?
The fear of the embryo falling off the track after it being implanted in the woman’s uterus through the IVF is often seen in couples who undergo IVF treatment. These beliefs and myths that people are bogged down with the need to be cleared by proper counseling prior to the treatment.
The couples need to be made aware that the embryo does not come out once it is transplanted via IVF treatment
The woman need not worry about bed rest and must avoid unnecessary stress, as the latter would create problems. In fact, the day embryo is actually transplanted in the respective uterus of the woman, she is able to walk out the clinic the same day without facing many issues.
Why bed rest is not recommended?
- It results in depression
- Routine work must be followed after 3 days of embryo transplant.
- IVF does not involve some pain, discomfit or complications and patients are thus not allowed weeks of bed rest after the embryo transfer takes place.
- Sedentary life during IVF is not advised as it would prove to be harmful to the procedure.
On the other hand, if women are expected t carry out light exercise which will reduce the inflammation and lower down the stress hormone levels that would promote the healthy blood flow. Even aerobics during pregnancy is considered to be good for both mother and child.
It is necessary to consult one’s doctor about bed rest and follow instructions accordingly. Every illness has its rules and regulations about bed rest and it is better to make required queries about it rather than following somebody’s instructions at random.
It has been observed by researchers that women patients who continued to lie down for 10 minutes after the embryos were transferred into their uterus were actually less likely to have a baby than those women who got up and walked around right away.
Women lie down and keep their feet up and the procedure is done which takes about five to 10 minutes. Once the procedure is over the woman is wheeled around on a gurney to the recovery room, where she takes rest for several minutes or even up to several hours. At times she is asked to stand and walk out of the room on her own. This indicates that the patient need not worry so much about the procedure. She won’t get bedridden for days on end as perceived by many older women earlier who favored bed rest for a safe pregnancy.
So a childless woman can safely opt for IVF.
IVF Advanced Fertility being the best IVF hospital in Hyderabad has one of the best IVF specialists in Hyderabad – Dr.Jyothi to handle infertility woes.