Recurrent pregnancy loss can be shattering and several causes such as abnormality in uterus, hormonal deficiency do result in such condition.
Miscarriage does occur at times when one gets pregnant. It is a rather difficult subject to be discussed among friends and family, even though it occurs with surprising frequency. Recurrent miscarriage, which is understood as a sequence of two or more spontaneous pregnancy losses, is much less common. Further evaluation is recommended when a woman has three or more miscarriages. ivf pregnancy precautions, IVF treatment in Hyderabad is seriously considered by women who want to be pregnant and have a child badly.
The loss of a much-wanted pregnancy can indeed be very shattering, and even more so if it tends to repeat itself.
Most common causes of recurrent miscarriage:
- Approximately 60% of miscarriages are on account of an embryo which is having an incorrect number of chromosomes. By and large, this usually occurs randomly, though it does become more common as a woman gets older.
- In approximately 3% of couples that do tend to have had recurrent miscarriages, one partner is a carrier of a balanced translocation. This can indeed lead to any number of issues including, but not limited to, miscarriage.
- Another possible cause of recurrent miscarriage happens to be a congenital anomaly of the uterus. This does include a septate uterus, adhesions, and scarring of the uterus, an incompetent cervix, fibroids, and polyps.
- Women who are suffering from certain medical conditions may also be exposed to an increased risk of recurrent miscarriages. Antiphospholipid syndrome, diabetes mellitus, thyroid conditions, and polycystic ovarian syndrome are all common potential causes in this category. Ivf pregnancy precautions, IVF treatment in Hyderabad are known to childless couples.
- Unfortunately, generally, health care providers are unable to determine an etiology in 50-75% of women with repeated miscarriages.
In case one is experiencing recurrent pregnancy losses, there is no need to be afraid of the condition. A woman can have another successful pregnancy. Ivf pregnancy precautions, IVF treatment in Hyderabad are issues to be taken seriously of a couple desires to have a child.
- A weak (incompetent) neck of the womb (cervix), which is referred to as cervical insufficiency. The cervix normally tends to only open at the time of labor to let the baby come out. In some women, the cervix is lax and opens too early. This can lead to a late miscarriage.
- Antiphospholipid syndrome (APS)is an abnormality of the immune system which results in blood being more likely than normal to clot (a thrombophilia). This can lead to unwanted blood clots (referred to as thromboses) forming within blood vessels. This can affect the blood supply to the placenta and developing baby.
- Inherited conditions, such as factor V Leiden deficiency, can also cause the blood to clot which causes recurrent miscarriage, although this is not known for sure.
- Abnormalities of the genes or chromosomes of the parents. Chromosomes are the structures that contain genes with the genetic information that we inherit from our parents. If a baby (fetus) has abnormal chromosomes it may not develop properly and so the pregnancy will end.
- Hormone problems. Lack of hormones needed for pregnancy can be a cause. A condition called hyperprolactinemia, and low thyroid hormone levels (hypothyroidism), can indeed affect hormones needed to maintain pregnancy. Low progesterone levels in the early stages of pregnancy may also affect the way the developing baby embeds (implants) in the womb.
- Lifestyle factors such as smoking, drinking excessive alcohol regularly or being very overweight do contribute to the likelihood of having miscarriages.
In case one is experiencing recurrent pregnancy losses, there is no need to be afraid of the condition. A woman can have another successful pregnancy. IVF pregnancy precautions, IVF treatment in Hyderabad are issues to be taken seriously of a couple desires to have a child. Ivf pregnancy precautions, IVF treatment in Hyderabad is much to be considered.