IMSI treatment in Hyderabad is considered to be of a high order as professionals who are involved in I have much expertise. Patients visiting IMSI clinics in Hyderabad know there are in safe hands.
Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) happens to be an advanced assisted reproductive technology, which is a boon for severe male factor infertility. IMSI has been acknowledged as being an advanced version of ICSI having a magnification power of 16 times relatively higher as compared to ICSI.
IMSI treatment does offer several advantages such as improved embryo quality as well as a selection of viable sperms. It also does help to reduce the chances of abortion. IMSI treatment in Hyderabad has been acknowledged for its professionalism
The steps involved in the IMSI procedure are:
Step 1: Semen sample preparation
Step 2: Sperm selection
Step 3: Egg selection
Step 4: Sperm injection
Why go in for an IMSI?
IMSI treatment in India does enhance the possibility of embryo fertilization as well as development, especially in males who are faced with failed IVF or ICSI treatment or with a high number of abnormal sperms. The important feature of IMSI is that it does select the sperm with great precision. It does also involve the examination of sperms at a thousand times enhanced magnification. Thus, minor morphological sperm abnormalities can be well-detected, which are usually missed with ICSI. In ICSI, the sperms may rather look healthy, but they may not have fertilization potential.
It is possible to have a better-selected sperm and better fertilization rate in males with severe oligospermia or asthenozoospermia or teratozoospermia with IMSI.
IMSI is indeed better than ICSI for selecting the embryos and thus ensuring a better success rate.
In patients, it has been observed that IMSI has indeed improved clinical pregnancy rates. It has also reduced abortion rates in several cases. The viable sperms selected making use of IMSI can further be made used for IVF or ICSI treatment to increase the probability of the treatment’s success.
Who is suitable for an IMSI treatment?
Mostly, experts recommend the IMSI treatment in India for men with:
- A high quantity of irregularly shaped sperms
- Low sperm motility
- A low amount of normal sperm in a semen sample
- Previous failed ICSI or IVF treatment
- Age more than 40 years
IMSI treatment can be a great choice in conditions such as:
- High level of DNA fragmentation in the semen sample
- Two or more unsuccessful ICSI or perhaps IVF cycles
- Multiple previous abortions or miscarriage
What is the advantage of IMSI?
- In IMSI, the risk of miscarriage is rather reduced as the chances of genetic abnormality in the embryo are less with a morphologically normal sperm selection.
- IMSI treatment does increase pregnancy rates on account of improved embryo quality.
- The chances of conceiving are no doubt on the higher front in IMSI as the intracellular damage is rather easily detected.
- It is also considered to be beneficial in couples having unexplained infertility.
What is the disadvantage of IMSI?
- Despite several advantages, IMSI also does possess a few disadvantages, including,
- IMSI is a time-consuming process; it does require an extra time of about one to two hours compared to the IVF procedure.
- IMSI is costlier than ICSI and is not available in most IVF labs.
Due to all these above-mentioned reasons, infertility specialists do suggest IMSI only when low or poor sperm quality or perhaps repeated ICSI o even IVF failure.
What is the success rate of IMSI?
The success rate of IMSI in comparison with ICSI is notable. IMSI treatment in Hyderabad is performed expertly. IMSI clinics in Hyderabad are venues where patients can expect reliable and professional treatment.