IVF specialists in Hyderabad can help childless couples to have a family of their own. IVF treatment center in Hyderabad has all the facilities for such a dream to be fulfilled.
Childless couples do desire to have children. IVF specialists in Hyderabad can help these couples to fulfill their desire to have a child.
Why do patients need different IVF stimulation protocols?
Types of IVF Protocols
- Standard IVF protocols
- Alternative IVF Protocols
How to ensure successful conception?
- To ensure the maximization of success rates with IVF, fertility specialists require a decent number of good quality eggs from the woman. Usually, it is a good idea to try to get about 10-12 eggs at each egg retrieval procedure.
- IVF success rates typically correlate with the number of eggs retrieved.
- There are several ovarian stimulations or IVF protocols that are made use of to stimulate the ovaries to prepare enough follicles as well. Generally, without the usage of stimulating medications, the ovaries do make and also release only one mature egg per menstrual cycle.
- The commonly used stimulation protocols do include drugs as well as injections of FSH, LH, HCG.
- IVF treatment centers in Hyderabad are excellent venues for IVF protocols.
Ovarian Stimulation Protocol
Ovarian stimulation protocol happens to be the constellation of medication that a person receives to optimize the number of eggs produced before proceeding to egg retrieval as well as other embryologic procedures.
In addition, it does involve the use of some agents to prevent a person from ovulating prematurely. The selection of which agent, as well as a succession of these medications, is what is referred to as IVF or ovarian stimulation protocol.
Types of IVF Protocols
● Standard IVF protocols
The main objective when a person starts IVF treatment is for one’s fertility doctor to optimize the patient’s reproductive timing. This can indeed be achieved via controlled ovarian stimulation (COS).
1. Luteal downregulation Protocol
This protocol is also referred to as Down Regulation Protocol and is used in younger patients or patients who have poor egg/embryo quality.
- The IVF patient is instructed to make use of birth control pills before starting the IVF cycle.
- By week 3, the patient’s fertility specialist will indeed recommend an injection for downregulation.
- When this injection is administered, it tends to temporarily stop the pituitary gland from secreting LH & FSH. This permits the LH & FSH from the injection to control the patient’s menstrual cycle and thus preventing premature ovulation of the follicles.
2. Antagonist/Short Protocols
This is the most commonly used protocol.
- The patient can be instructed to make use of contraceptive pills before starting an IVF cycle.
- For 10 days IVF patients are administered with LH & FSH injections. Around day-5, the Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone antagonist (GnRH) is indeed added to prevent premature ovulation.
- Later, the doctor may rather suggest a trigger/dual trigger shot to stimulate the final maturation of the eggs before retrieval as well as significantly decrease the risk of OHSS.
3. Flare & Micro-flare Protocols
In case of poor response to other IVF regimens or being of advanced maternal age, then the minimal dose of GnRH is suggested
- IVF patients should continue to take microdoses of GnRH during the stimulation phase until the HCG trigger shot is instructed.
- By adding external FSH to one’s internal production that is being administered as fertility drugs, this protocol does result in enhanced ovarian responsiveness and increases the number of eggs retrieved.
● Alternative IVF Protocols
Patients who do not respond to the standard IVF protocols are medically known as poor responders and are suggested to go in for alternative IVF stimulation protocols.
Estrogen priming protocol
This protocol improves ovarian response in some women who are diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve or respond poorly to the short protocol.
Mini-IVF or Micro-IVF protocol
Minimal stimulation has advantages and fertility doctors may advise the intake of fertility pills or very low dosage of medications, in order to retrieve one or two better quality eggs at a time.
IVF specialists in Hyderabad are well versed in IVF protocols.